Ny bok om Metallica!
Det börjar väl nästan råda inflation i Metallicaböcker och frågan är väl vad Neil Daniels kan tillföra som redan inte berättats flertalet gånger om? Dock är dett ett djävulskt snyggt omslag.
Daniels har tidigare skrivit flera intressanta böcker, senast om Journey.
"This is the first and only book to look at the massive impact of Metallica’s first four
albums on the international metal scene. This book shows the birth and rise of the
monster known as Metallica and will link the band – and the American metal scene
– with the famed ‘New Wave of British Heavy Metal’ movement in the UK and
metal originators such as Black Sabbath and Judas Priest.
Metallica’s early success was built on strong live performances and fierce
thrash metal riffs. The group would eventually become the biggest American metal
band in the world and the legacy of those first four albums – Kill ‘Em All, Ride The
Lightning, Master Of Puppets plus …And Justice For All – lives on to this day.
American thrash metal produced four major bands – Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth
and Anthrax – dubbed the Big Four, but Metallica are the kings. This book tells the
story of how that remarkable global triumph started, complete with examples of
very early memorabilia and exclusive interviews from people who saw those early
gigs and can provide eye-witness accounts of this incredible story.
THE AUTHOR: Neil Daniels has written about classic rock and heavy metal for a
wide range of magazines, fanzines and websites. He has written books on Judas
Priest, Robert Plant, Bon Jovi, Linkin Park and Journey.
1. First book to specfically explore the early years of Metallica.
2. Exclusive and original interviews with key players – both musicians, friends
and journalists – who were eye-witnesses to this phenomenon.
3. In-depth insights into Metallica’s groundbreaking first four albums.
4. An in-depth exploration of the San Fran Bay Area thrash scene of the 1980s.
5. Interviews with Metallica’s ‘New Wave of British Heavy Metal’ heroes."